Happy national day to all singaporeans!
Hope everyone enjoyed their public holiday! Sadly, Australia don't really recognise Singapore's National Day as a public holiday so I did not even realised it was the 9th of August until a friend asked me the date during lecture.
The internet connection here is beyond crap-like. The streaming of NDP was like watching a power point slideshow, in s.l.o.w motion. It was like.. 1 frame per 120 seconds? I did get seamless streaming of sound though. So yay, go 1kbps internet connection.
So this being national day and me being so patriotic (go ahead and laugh, you guys), I shall end this entry with the Singapore pledge, the SAF Pledge, and Officer's Creed:
Singapore Pledge
================
We, the citizens of Singapore,
pledge ourselves as one united people,
regardless of race, language or religion,
to build a democratic society
based on justice and equality
so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and
progress for our nation.
SAF Pledge
==========
We, Members of the Singapore Armed Forces, do solemnly and sincerely pledge that: We will always bear true faith and allegiance to the President and the Republic of Singapore. We will always support and defend the Constitution. We will preserve and protect the honour and independence of our country with our lives.
The Officer's Creed
===================
I am an Officer of the Singapore Armed Forces.
My duty is to lead, to excel, and to overcome.
I lead my men by example.
I answer for their training, morale, and discipline.
I must excel in everything I do.
I serve with pride, honor, and integrity.
I will overcome adversities with courage, fortitude, and determination.
I dedicate my life to Singapore.
Happy 42nd National Day Singapore!
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I yield, http://startso11.info/PEUGOT.PL.html your Honor, to the wishes of my client, and--er--lady.. Accordingly he set out on this business, but was unsuccessful at two livery stables, http://startso11.info/pryskaj%C4%85ce+ba%C5%84ki.html the carriages being all out.. But as they were conversing together, one of the distressed managers cast indignant glances at the brilliant costume of my grandfather, who summoned him, and asked courteously: 'Did you invite me or my coat?' 'You, in a proper coat,' replied the manager. http://startso11.info/www.zdunska+wola.edu.pl.html. I trust the reader will pardon my fondness for comparisons from daily life, but I feel tempted to say that the relations existing for the repressed idea are similar to the situations existing in Austria for the American dentist, who is forbidden to practise unless he gets permission from a regular physician to use his name on the public signboard http://storyah44.info/pod%C5%82ogi+techniczne+podniesione.html and thus cover the legal requirements.. But as the vomiting might spoil the patient's figure and beauty, so that she would not find favor in http://startso11.info/Czy+mo%C5%BCna+wzi%C4%85%C4%87+%C5%9Blub+w+wieku+15+lat.html the eyes of mankind, the symptom was therefore in keeping with her punitive trend of thought, and, being thus admissible from both sides, it was allowed to become a reality.. As though such a book as Hints and Helps http://storyah44.info/biura+projektowe+wroc%C5%82aw+-+budownictwo.html had never existed, Abner shot for the gate--he was but a hobbledehoy fascinated with the idea of playing gentleman.. His bubbling vivacity was the foundation upon which his charm and his success were built. http://startso11.info/www.pornuh.pl+www.pornuh.pl.html. Gideon stretched himself, and looked out of the window, http://startso11.info/czynno%C5%9Bc+urz%C4%99dowa.html and emotion seized him.. The conditions of its origin; its relationship to our psychical life when we are awake; its independence of disturbances which, during the state of sleep, seem to compel notice; its many peculiarities repugnant to our waking thought; the incongruence between its images and the feelings they engender; then the dream's evanescence, the http://rebestal.info/sentencje+Horacego.html way in which, on awakening, our thoughts thrust it aside as something bizarre, and our reminiscences mutilating or rejecting it--all these and many other problems have for many hundred years demanded answers which up till now could never have been satisfactory.. I must assume that the sensory surface of consciousness http://startso11.info/przedstawiciele+socrealizmu.html devoted to the Forec.. The blonde matron turned http://startso11.info/naprawa+samochod%C3%B3w+ameryka%C5%84skich+Gda%C5%84sk.html to her husband.. , and http://startso11.info/UM+wroc%C5%82aw.html this effect characterizes the intervention of the principle of pain as expedient.. Hargraves was such a modest and well-mannered person, http://startso11.info/festiwal+celtycki+dowspuda.html that Mrs.. After Uncle Billy had won the only jack-pot deserving of the name, he was allowed to http://storyah44.info/powstanie+listopadowe.html go blissfully to sleep with his hand on the handle of the big jug.. But it was an engagement that the Colonel--as devoted to the fair sex as he was to the code--was no less prompt in http://startso11.info/www.tajemniczy-sekretnik-eweli.blog.onet.p.html accepting.. Gideon had seen many such places, had seen settlers come and clear themselves a space in the jungle, plant their groves, and live for a while in lazy independence; and then for some reason or other they would http://startso11.info/biura+podr%C3%B3%C5%BCy+w+krakowie.html go, and before they had scarcely turned their backs, the jungle had crept in again, patiently restoring its ancient sovereignty.. He laughed when the Florida partridge, a small quail, whirred up from under his http://startso11.info/pisma+erotyczne.html feet; he paused to exchange affectionate mockery with red squirrels; and once, even when he was brought up suddenly to a familiar and ominous, dry reverberation, the small, crisp sound of the rolling drums of death, he did not look about him for some instrument of destruction, as at any other time he would have done, but instead peered cautiously over the log before him, and spoke in tolerant admonition: Now, Misteh Rattlesnake, yo' jes min' yo' own business.. Thus, when we say that an unconscious idea strives for transference into the foreconscious in order later to penetrate consciousness, we do not mean that a second idea is to be formed situated in a new locality like an interlineation http://startso11.info/www.yptube-watch.com.html near which the original continues to remain; also, when we speak of penetration into consciousness, we wish carefully to avoid any idea of change of locality.. She risked Dennis one night http://startso11.info/www+Cartoon+nec%C5%82ork.pl.html under the eyes of her own sex.. It is very simple; and I am not at all sure that a great many other people have not a pair of http://startso11.info/lparis.pl.html the same kind...
Post a Comment